Freeman Cebu News ( Leaderboard Top ), pagematch: , sectionmatch: 1

Labogon village chief to go on working despite suspension

CEBU, Philippines — Suspended Barangay Captain Renato Suson of Labogon, Mandaue City will continue to report to the barangay hall to supervise garbage collection and maintain peace and order, since the first councilor Amado Manatad did not show up since December of last year.

But Suson said he will not sign any documents of the barangay following his 60-day preventive suspension which took effect last December 28.

He denied the accusations of the Mandaue City Council on the alleged “ghost delivery” of construction materials worth P32,242 for the barangay’s Material Recovery Facility.

“Dako nga bakak ba, pamasangil nga wala gyud basehanan kay ang ilahang gibasehan sa ilahang report sa SP (SangguniangPanlungsod) committee on laws and good governance nga there is no actual delivery receipts for 1,000 hollow block, 60 bags of cement and five cubic meters of sand and gravel, kanang aduna man gyud ta’y delivery receipts. Actual delivery receipts,” he said. (These are lies and baseless accusations because the SP committee on laws and good governance based their report that there is no actual delivery receipt for 1,000 hollow block, 60 bags of cement and five cubic meters of sand and gravel when I have a copy of the receipts.)

Suson explained that rehabilitation of the MRF is part of the barangay’s preparation after the city government announced that it will be closing the Umapad landfill for health and sanitary purposes.

On December 20 last year, the Mandaue City Council passed a resolution to place Suson and barangay councilors Alfredo Estrada and Benwilson Bodo, Jr., under a 60-day preventive suspension for their alleged involvement in the controversy.

Freeman ( Article MRec ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch:

The three barangay officials reportedly violated Republic Act 3019 or the Anti-graft and Corrupt Practices Act.

Mandaue City Councilor Nenita Layese, committee on laws and governance chairperson, stated that the officials failed to include the receipt from the barangay treasurer that acknowledges the delivery of the construction materials.

“The fact that there was no actual receipt of deliveries of 65 bags of cement, 5 cubic meters of sand, and 1,000 pieces of hollow blocks are very serious charges, aggravated by the fact of non-compliance with the provisions of RA 9184 as to the procurement of the aforesaid materials,” she said.

The order was signed by Acting Mayor Carlo Fortuna last December 27 and was implemented the city’s Interior and Local Governance and the City Legal Office the following day.

In his press conference yesterday morning, Suson proved that the City was wrong and showed actual receipts of the delivered items. (FREEMAN)

 

Freeman ( Article MRec ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch:
  • Follow Us: