LOS ANGELES (AP) – Patrick Swayze has been released from the hospital one week after checking himself in with pneumonia, his publicist said Friday.
Annett Wolf said in a statement that the actor was at home resting. The news was first reported in a statement Wolf released to People magazine.
An assistant publicist would not comment on Swayze's condition, and a message left with Wolf was not immediately returned.
Swayze, who is battling, checked himself into a hospital Jan. 9 for observation after contracting pneumonia.
Swayze, 56, announced last March he was suffering from a particularly deadly form of cancer. Some reports gave him only weeks to live, but his doctor said his situation was more optimistic.
Swayze told ABC's Barbara Walters last week that his battle with cancer put him "through hell" while he pushed ahead on a new TV series.
Swayze had been working on a drama series "The Beast," which premiered this week on the A&E network. Producers have said they found out Swayze had cancer four hours after learning A&E had picked up the series.
They also said filming was completed on all episodes of the first season and hoped Swayze could continue in the role for a second season.